Friday, October 7, 2011

Pigs Give Thanks for Vegans - Fearmans Slaughterhouse Protest

Facebook Event:

Join us west-enders, along with Toronto Pig Save, for a protest on Thanksgiving weekend and help give these sweet pigs something to be thankful for.

Fearman's Pork Inc.(formerly Maple Leafs Pork) is the largest pork-processing facility in Ontario, slaughtering upwards of 45,000 every week and primarily servicing Toronto and the Eastern United States.

As a point of interest, there's also a poultry-processing facility just down the street.






DATE/TIME

Saturday, October 8th
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Appleby Line & Harvester (Fearmans is on the corner at 821 Appleby Line)
Burlington, ON



LOGISTICS

We'll position ourselves on each of the four corners of the intersection with various signs. It's mostly going to be vehicle traffic with few pedestrians but anyone who has literature to hand out, do bring it in the event there are people walking by. If anyone has a megaphone, please feel free to bring it as well!! I will work on some chants.

For anyone coming by transit, the protest is about a 10 minute walk from the Appleby Go Station. You want to take the North or Harvester exit out of the train station. Then hang a left once you get out of the Go Station parking lot.

For anyone driving, there's Wendy's/Tim Horton's where you can likely park without any issues.



SIGNAGE


We'll have a few signs but please bring one with you if you can. I also have a new pig costume which will make its debut at the protest!

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)